Explanation of all the principles of creating correct training programs may require the creation of a separate book, which is most often done by professional trainers. But there are general and basic points which are the necessary minimum, from which you can build on in the process of developing a personal program.
We must say right away that the material is relatively voluminous, but if you study it completely, then half of the questions regarding the construction of a training plan will immediately disappear. And this is easier for both the trainer and the novice bodybuilder, because there will be an understanding of the programming scheme and all that remains is to try everything in practice, while applying your own feelings and practices in.
Often there is a situation when beginners randomly move between simulators and change the program every workout. This does not allow their body to understand what is happening, and it is impossible to notice the advantages and disadvantages of the chosen program in one workout. The result will come only if you engage in the chosen program for a certain time (several weeks or months).
Also, many novice bodybuilders believe that there is a certain scheme with secret techniques that will give instant results, and if you also use steroids, then everything becomes simple! These are all misconceptions, because it takes a very long time to plow in the gym to achieve the goal.
Compilation of a workout for a beginner by a trainer
Maybe someone else does not know, but for each newcomer, trainers create approximately the same plans with minor adjustments. Usually these are basic exercises and a couple of isolating exercises. At first glance, this seems to be the wrong approach, because the program should be individual, but you need to understand one important point.
Coaches cannot draw up an ideal strategy of action right away! Therefore, the situation turns out with the standard program, which will be the same as for all other beginners. The coach must independently determine the degree of the athlete’s training and adjust his goals, and after a short interval the coach makes up an individual training plan, taking into account all the characteristics of the athlete’s body. As a result, after these words, any stable strategy is better at first than its complete absence.
How often should you train?
From the very beginning, any athlete asks this question, but to choose the optimal number of workouts per week, several factors must be taken into account:
- What muscle groups will be involved.
All muscle groups can be divided into two categories:
- Small (calves, deltas, triceps, biceps);
- Large (chest, back, legs).
Remember that if the training was for large muscles, then they will need more break for recovery per day than a group of small muscles.
- Current degree of training. If you have been training for a long time, then the body is adapted to the stress and the muscles recover in a shorter time. Also, muscles of small volumes recover faster.
- The volume of training. It should be taken into account without fail. If the training was long and hard, then the body received a tremendous load. This means that it will take a long time to fully recover. Do not forget about super compensation and learn to determine when the body is ready for stress again.
Of course, every coach has a different view of the required workout intervals. But most of them are inclined to believe that a beginner can visit the gym for the first time often, but using a small load. This solution allows you to gradually adapt to the loads and increase the efficiency of training. Another side of this decision is that the beginner’s muscles are not yet very voluminous, which means that they recover faster than the voluminous fibers of a professional.
When composing a program, keep in mind that, on average, for beginner athletes, each muscle group is fully restored in 2-4 days.
In one of the articles on our website, we talked in more detail about how often do you need to go to the gym. Statistics, differences for beginners and experienced athletes, as well as the peculiarities of the aftermath of the gym during strength and fat burning training.
Correct split or what to train
To begin with, there are types of workouts in which the whole body receives approximately the same load, and there are workouts in which muscle groups are trained on different days. These workouts are called split.
In general, the word split, when accurately translated, means “to split” in relation to training it means a method that allows you to work out each muscle separately.
The use of each programming technique can be roughly divided into two categories:
- A beginner in training is recommended to work on the whole body.
- For an experienced athlete, in order to have time to properly load each muscle, it is better to do more workouts per week, and pay attention to different muscles on each.
But why is this so? And all only because of the training of the body, the more it is, the more time it will take to fully load all parts of the body. It is effective for a thin teen to do a full body workout 3 workouts per week at a time. And in order for a professional to properly work out each muscle in one workout, you will have to train for a very long time! The exit is split.
The most common choice is the training split - 3 days a week. When forming individual splits, it is important to take into account the recovery time of individual muscle groups, as well as the indirect load on other muscles when training a particular group.
If you do not take into account that when training one muscle, others are indirectly involved, then the performance will drop significantly, because the recovery period will decrease and the body simply will not completely rest. And there are muscles that require more load to get the result, so now it is important to learn about the existing groups and their features.
In addition to dividing muscles into large-small ones, there is another classification:
- Pushing muscles (deltoids, chest, triceps);
- Pulling muscles (legs, back, biceps).
To understand the meaning of this division, you need to consider an example. First, the program includes biceps training and then the back. This is a failed strategy, since both exercises fall on the pulling group, in addition, the biceps are weaker than the back, as a result of the back exercise, it will not work correctly, because the biceps involved in the back exercises are already tired. Therefore, in this example, it is necessary to correct the workout and first load the back and then move on to the biceps for better efficiency.
Important: you should always start training with a large muscle group, after which you can move on to a smaller group. For example, it would be correct to load the chest first and then the triceps, or the back and then the biceps.
How to properly combine muscle groups in one workout
If you are doing a split workout, then it is not recommended to load several large muscle groups at once with one workout! The best option would be to involve one large group and a number of smaller groups.
A bad example would be training your back and legs at once. Firstly, this is a high load, which will not allow you to give your best in every exercise as you simply will not have enough strength for it! And secondly, the load on the circulatory system (on the heart in particular) will be enormous. Muscles are large, require a supply of nutrients and are located at a considerable distance.
An exception is training for antagonist muscles - this is the name of a pair of muscles performing opposite movements. For example, the biceps bend the arm, and the triceps unbend, the pectorals push the arms, and the backs pull. Therefore, training them together is a great option, especially since they will be involved in any case. As an example, biceps curls passively engage the triceps, which are stretched and ready to load. Exercising antagonist muscles in one workout enhances the pumping effect.
Separately, you need to touch on the leg, because this group stands out from all the rest. In the human body, the legs are the largest and strongest muscle group, therefore, when using splits, it is better for them to allocate a separate day. Let’s consider the optimal split options:
3 days a week (the best option)
- Upper body;
- Deltoids and arms;
5 days (advanced)
After applying these splits, you still need to figure out optimal rest. Everything is relatively simple here, if there are no results, then either the training is frequent, or vice versa, if the breaks are too long. Therefore, if there is a feeling that an additional day of rest is needed, it is better to do it than to load the muscles that have not yet rested once again.
In order to achieve the maximum effect from training, it is necessary to correctly determine when your body received super compensation after training. How often you need to train and what super compensation is, read in this article.
Tip: To progress faster within these routines, many athletes use Testosterone to increase the efficiency of their workouts, the food that is consumed, the needed sleep and also the performances within their workouts. Using this substance or Methyl Testosterone (the tablet version), you can rapidly increase your energy levels, motivation for the workouts and also the mental and physical parameters and abilities.
What is the order of the exercises?
You need to choose a split taking into account your goal. If the main goal is to gain mass, then you need to forget about isolating exercises. Only the base is used, such as exercises in which several muscle groups are involved at once. Therefore, when gaining weight, you need to go by all the simulators, as they are not intended for this purpose.
If you are a skinny guy who has just started going to the gym, then you have a direct path to dumbbells and a barbell (free weights), it is with them that the main workout time should pass.
With mass gain, the sequence also looks simple, which implies, in the course of training, first complex exercises and at the end lighter ones. You need to start with an exercise where the maximum number of joints (base) is involved and end with insulating ones.
As an example, when training the pectoral muscles, you need to start with bench press and end with crossover or flies with dumbbells which are formative exercises. When training your legs, it is important to start with squats, and only then go to extensions on the simulator.
Important Notice! In training for mass gain, be sure to follow the rule, from difficult to easy, from basic exercises to isolating exercises!
Tip: For gaining large volumes of muscle mass, many athletes who strive for this use Anadrol or Dianabol tablets, as these substances allow for much greater and more efficient protein synthesis to occur within the body. Also these substances promote some fluid retention which can be of assistance to your joins and ligaments for those heavy workout sessions, promoting less risk of injury.
Drawing up a workout
When starting to draw up a training program, it is important to consider the following criteria:
- Load (as a percentage of your maximum) - it is important to determine the weight that will allow you to perform the exercises correctly.
- Number of sets / approaches in each exercise - to gain mass in the approach, you need to do 6-10 repetitions, and no more than 5 is required for strength increases.
- Exercise pace (speed) - approaches can be performed quickly, but more often they concentrate on a specific phase (rise / fall).
- Duration of the workout - if you are not using steroids, then the workout should last a maximum of 1 hour. And all because such loads are stress for the body, which causes the release of catabolic effects into the blood. If this stress stretches over time, then the body will recover for a long time, which is due to a decrease in the volume of anabolic steroids produced by the body (the same testosterone).
- Rest until the next set - no need to relax in the gym, as stretching is the rest. You can rest for a maximum of 2 minutes, but generally only 1 minute is recommended. This will allow you to complete 5-6 exercises with an average weight in the allotted hour. Resting for more than 3 minutes is possible only with powerlifting (strength building).
Tip: To increase the recovery times between your workouts for better progression, but without gaining large amounts of mass or water weight, Turinabol, Anavar or Superdrol is widely used by many athletes. These lighter orals work by helping with strength gain and learner mass, but without throwing large volume on within the process. You can find these orals along with the other mentioned substances within our online store!
The importance of warm up along with cool down
If at least some attention is paid to the warm-up more often, then many forget about the cool down and just go to the shower from the gym at the end of the entire workout. But both of these actions are important, which allow you to get the maximum effect.
Work on the cardio machine for a few minutes to warm up your body and do some general warm-ups and stretches. Do a light warm-up set before each basic exercise.
Already after training, it is important to cool down to bring the body back to normal and to kick-start the recovery process. Cooling down takes up to 10 minutes and consists of any aerobic exercise that turns into stretching the muscles (treadmill, and then stretching). This will return the body to its normal state and even out the pulse.
If you do not want to get injured during training, do a warm-up be sure. Our site has a large article about warm-up, stretching and cool-down. From it you will learn the order of its implementation.
Bodybuilding and the eternal nutrition question
A novice bodybuilder comes to the gym with the confidence that the result can be achieved only through pharmacology substances and the constant use of sports nutrition. But this is far from reality, because any supplements only supplement the normal diet, as the name suggests. It is important to understand that sports nutrition is a supplement to regular food, but not a chemistry. Sports nutrition differs only in the convenience of preparation and use and the supplements themselves are divided into several types:
- Amino acids;
- Minerals and vitamins;
- Fat burners.
All of these sports nutrition products have different functions. You do not need to wind yourself up right away, that nothing will work without additives, it is important to read the necessary articles and you can get a good result without resorting to buying a sports food. But sports nutrition will still be easier.
Sports nutrition is a great help in building the body. Using sports nutrition your goals will be achieved easier and faster. Visit our shop, as it contains only the most popular sports nutrition. Many bodybuilders also recommend to buy Anavar and Testogel to get fast results.
Additional nuances of effective workouts
If you are determined to go to the gym, and the decision to gain mass or get strong muscles is serious, then it is important to follow these rules:
- Strict adherence to the daily routine along with the diet. If the training is organized efficiently, and the nutrition remains the same and defective, there will be no result. This is because much of your success depends on proper nutrition, especially in an activity like bodybuilding. Therefore, it is important to immediately adjust the diet and regimen, selecting the optimal options for a particular type of training. Only this will create conditions for active muscle growth. It is recommended to sleep at least 7 hours a day and to avoid stress.
- Periodic program change. Training plans are designed for a specific time period (usually 2-6 months). This is due to the adaptation of the body to stress, which reduces the effectiveness of training to zero. To continue to develop, you need to change both individual exercises and the entire program. One of the options, from bodybuilding to powerlifting, and then back again.
- Tracking dynamics. It is important in the process to always track the results by writing them down in a diary. Only the fact of progress, which can be expressed in an increase in weights or an external change, speaks of the correctness of the chosen strategy. If the program does not move towards the goal, then it is wrong and you need to think about a new plan.
Drawing up a training and nutrition program is a very complex process that requires good theoretical training, as well as taking into account many characteristics of your body and lifestyle. Therefore, study it yourself or ask for help from our professional trainers!